sábado, dezembro 27, 2008

.Thanks a Latte

Every day I would wake up around 6.30am. I would be wearing a t-shirt though the thermometers outside would register 14F or even less.

Warmed by the heating of a super powerfull nation's energy, I would wear my warm clothes just before I'd leave home for another day in the lab.

If the wind was still I would go by foot to the lab, running away from the thin layers of ice that dangerously spoted the sidewalks. I would be listening to Sérgio Godinho in my ipod and thinking in the bunch of robotic lab work that I would have to accomplish that day(run markers in the families A619 and CI7, if the PCR's aren't working, I'll have to check the water, that's probably my problem in these last days........).

Mechanically walking I would arrive to the lab that had a tropical environment due to a problem in the lab heating and right after I announced my arrival I would go to Espresso Royale, in the SW corner of Goodwin with Lincoln to have a Tchai Latte.

Right after paying I would be waiting for that corny phrase of the barist: Hey, have a nice day and... Thanks a latte...!

Sem comentários: